It’s obvious that we need to do a little housekeeping or updating to get the most out of this tool. I’m sure a quick google search would return a good number of sites that still have the title “Just Another WordPress site”. As appealing as that may be, we really want to change that, along with some other features to get this thing looking a little better.
Here is how we are going to change things:
- Site Title = “I Can Build Your Website”
- Tagline = “Helping You Do Business Online Effectively”
- WordPress Address = No Change
- Site Address = No Change
- Email Address = No Change
- Membership = Anyone can Join -> CHECKED
- New User Default Role = Subscriber
- Timezone = Los Angeles (I’m West Coast Based)
- Date Format = December 27, 2016 (default)
- Time Format = 11:24 pm (default)
- Week Starts On = Monday
- Site Language = English (United States)
The last thing I’m going to change, at least initially, is the way the posts (url) are formed. I’m a big fan of getting slug type of urls, that aren’t based on date.
Thus I’ve chosen the following format. My goal is to create SEO friendly URLs that are unique. Although the date is still unique, I believe it makes it longer and unnecessary.
This should be all the changes I need to make for the moment. The site is starting to look pretty good.